Monday, December 1, 2008

lonely loner seems to free her mind @ night .

This is a blog, so i guess i can 'ahem', blog for once. At 4:35 a girl can't get any sleep, && the shit is getting old. Just listening to this music that i can't get enough of...for one Kanye West's 808s and heartbreak like there are no words to describe. Its very rare that i can listen to a cd, STRAiGHT THRU on the first listen !! Like do u realize how monumental that is?? Usually i will listen to a song till i get a good feel for it, but these songs are so great that i just played it right through. Wow, this man is truly a genius...&& of course there's already haters. "Auto-tune is wack" ... "It's not hip-hop"... "He can't sing"...and blahhh blahh blahhhhhhh...First of all Auto tune isn't wack. I can understand the whole thought of its getting played out cause everybody is using the shit, so i can see where it would get annoying. But Kanye does everything sooo different from the next dude that you can't even compare his shit to when weezy uses it, or if T-Pain uses it. I don't care what anybody says, this album is going down in history like "Reasonable Doubt", "All Eyez on Me", and "Thriller". I love all the songs on the album, and while my least favorite is Bad News, i still love it to death. I will say though that 'Say You Will' was the perfect intro for this album. With the "heart monitor" like beeps throughout the beat and the 808's...it perfectly set the tone for what Ye was trying to accomplish. And he accomplished it well, and i don't understand how anyone could front on this album, but there's always a hater, so that doesn't surprise me, the album is an 'acquired' taste if you will && only sophisticated minds would understand.

Moving along though...so i was supposed to be studying for this stat test, but miserably failed. I love school, && i feel blessed to be here, but it's getting so tired. I either need a break or something totally new...i just can't wait for exam week to be over so i can have a month to renew so i can actually miss this place...wooommmmmmmmpppppp !

So i have been listening to nothing but Kid Cudi, Drake, and Kanye all day w/ the occasional Lady Gaga that i fit in, lol. Kid Cudi is amazing. Ironically this dude performed at my school some weeks back && it was the damned concert posters that even led me to google him, && i actually love him now, but did i go to the FREE concert. Nope sure didn't, but it wasn't like i had anything to lose. I don't think i'll be passing up anymore free shows. && in all honesty, i didn't think i'd be blown away by him. I got into The Cool Kids at the start of the year and while i really liked them i didn't connect with them like that. So then my friend Scoo-bay-bay was in my room playin some song...and as soon as i heard it i thought it sounded good so i peeped my screen && it was none other than Kid Cudi's "Day and Night"... i liked the lyrics, the style, the beat, the connection the entire song led me to download it immediately. Then i saw that he put out a mixtape last July && downloaded the whole thing. I can't wait till he puts out an official LP, i just hope he doesn't get caught up in the mainstream hype. But he's definitely someone who will be getting my support...i woulda bought the mixtape, if that was even possible. Then upon downloading that and doing further research he gets influenced by "Tribe Called Quest", "Coldplay", and "Pharcyde"...are you kidding me? Cudi is officially a beast...now lets go ask Ace Hood, Lil Wayne, or DJ Khaled who influences them...lmao.

&& The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air never gets old. Although i know like every single word to each episode, i still continue to watch. I need to buy the seasons so i can have it whenever i want to watch, because staying up past 2AM just so i can catch Fresh Prince of Bel Air is played...but it is my guilty pleasure.

But sayonara...im going to go to sleep now...or at least put down this hunk of metal distraction...besides my lap is on fire anyway. Nite nite.<333

No comments: