Tuesday, December 2, 2008

poetry ..

Aaaaah ! new at this ...
but here goes .
It's entitled "Virgo" btw.

There’s a simmering sensuality, underneath eyes
A tormenting duality of his beautiful mind
Left brain against right brain
His thoughts tussle back and forth
And I try to do my best to read
His argumentative thought process
Underneath a striking smile he hides
Hoops of fire, grand 50 foot brick walls
Two carnivorous guard dogs with slapping jaws to crush
&& I want to get thru, but this girl ain’t no Hercules
Inside his mind a chaotic battle brews
That even 300 spartans can’t claim victorious
Simple language isn’t something this man is fluent in
He likes words in motion, a beautiful poetry
Of which I do not speak
I speak the truth but there’s no game sliding thru
These lips of pink and purity
Memories of absurd rejections and past
Plays run through my mind
All the rules I broke
despite the rules of the coach
Resulting in a penalty for me
&& out the game I go
There’s something to this man that I can’t figure out
But it’s the same something that makes
Me want to hold on to this man
Is it the unattainable majesty of this king before me?
And your highness can I please lay my head
Upon your brooding chest and feel your hand
Lay softly on my back
Can I be but your Queen
At my most ambitious of thoughts
Or maybe even your Court Jester
At the chance that my lips
disembark from the pit of your abdomen, laughter
Knowing that I led you to this happiness
Is a gift that I’ll forever cherish
And although I cant place my finger
On the point of where you stole my heart
I believe it began
When you decided that you wanted me too
But of course your difficult mind
Won’t let you surrender to this sweet affair
That you secretly want and crave
Cause in your delicate masculinity
Ego thin as paper, easy to tear to shreds
The thought of purging in sin
Against your pure nature
Purely perforates me
But what’s worse is I know
That it tears you apart just the same
So until you’re willing to let me in
I must walk away from my distant desires
In the hopes that one day
Instead of further chasing me away
You’ll chase me back towards your heart
And there I shall forever stay .

*people aren't going to believe me, but the inspiration for this poem was i was reading mini profiles about astrological signs and the virgo one came off as the most frustrating. I've also dated a few virgos as well as some of my friends && they are frustrating. Oh && my father is a virgo, so many things inspired this. but i hope u all find it interesting...*



i also wrote a haiku on thanksgiving...

homework makes me puke.
it makes me want to vomit.
especially, math.

( that one is just a tad less complex...but i believe that elementary schoolers everywhere can agree .)

No comments: