Sunday, April 19, 2009

What About Your Friends ...


"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

Today, all i've really been talking about is friendships. Not to many of my "friends" denied my growth, but many of them demanded my silence. If i can't be honest with a friend, then they aren't my friend. A friend who stresses me out, isn't my friend. A friend who holds me to a double standard isn't my friend either. I haven't been the best friend in the world, but i've always done what i could do in a friendship & when my best isn't enough, and i've given all i can give then i guess it's time to let that friendship go. I have but a few true friends, and i hold them dear to my heart. I also hold everyone near and dear to my heart who was a friend, & we tried to make it work and it just didn't. Everybody needs a lesson, and friends sometimes are lessons disguised as such. Just make sure that you are the best friend you can be, and that you remove yourself of "friends" who aren't worth your time.
-besos , Melieka





1 comment:

K. Michel said...

Well, good friends are very underrated. They're just as hard to find as the right woman/man but good friends are usually taken for granted.

Forget about friends... don't let anybody try to silence you. I'm sure already know that, though. Haha.